Thread Lifting in Munich
A rejuvenated radiating face – without any operative treatment!
Many patients wish for a facial rejuvenation without having to undergo an operation under general anaesthesia. In my practice in Munich, I offer two innovative procedures for this purpose:
Thread lifting with MINT threads (MINT®Lift PDO threads). These are threads with barbs, which through collagen formation, tighten and contour the skin without leaving scars. Dr. Christian Lenz is one of the first certified physicians in Munich to offer this new technology, while also training specialists.
Thread lifting with meso threads (3D meso threads). These are threads without barbs, which are used to tighten the skin and improve its elasticity. Thread lifting with meso threads brings back new elasticity, as well as completely without surgery.
You can find out which method is best for you here on this page and also in a personal consultation. During a personal appointment I will advise you individually. Make the best of your type, I look forward to seeing you!
Awarded specialist for plastic & aesthetic surgery
Over 2000 operations - experience from practice & further education
Thread lifting with MINT threads
A thread lift with MINT threads (MINT®Lift PDO threads) is perfect for women and men with mild to moderate sagging of the skin in the cheek and eyebrow area, nasolabial folds and marionette lines (from the corner of the mouth to the chin line) as well as sagging neck areas.
The material the threads are made of has been used for many years in several biomedical and pharmaceutical products, such as sutures, rods, screws, orthopaedic pins and nails.
Likewise, this material has excellent biocompatibility and is biodegradable.
As the threads then dissolve, the collagen responsible for firm skin is formed in the process.
A thread lift takes about 1 hour and can be performed on an outpatient basis in the practice.
Here is a brief overview of the thread lift with POD MINT threads..
How does thread lifting work?
We use 2 different types of threads, depending on the findings and desired result: MINT threads (Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Threads) and Silhouette Soft threads.
Thread lifting is a gentle, minimally invasive procedure, especially compared to other "traditional" facelifts.
In this procedure, a thin, absorbable thread is placed under the skin using a very fine needle. These wafer-thin threads have either cones or barbs to lift and tighten the skin from underneath. At the same time, the threads stimulate the body to produce more collagen.
- The Mint threads are characterised by pronounced hooks that anchor themselves in the deep subcutaneous tissue.
- This makes it possible to lift entire parts of the face, such as the eyebrows, resulting in a more open, friendly look.
MINT threads. Screw-like arrangement of the barbs.
Similarly, lifting the cheeks flattens the nasolabial fold and thus improves contouring along the chin line. Compared to other hooked threads, the MINT threads have a unique structure that makes it possible to visibly and specifically lift specific areas of the skin.
This also sets off a clear immediate effect, which continues to develop over the course of three months due to collagen formation and the associated rebuilding of the skin. A side effect is that the skin texture is significantly refined in the first three months, which additionally gives the skin a youthful appearance.
Minimally invasive non-surgical threads, or MINT for short, are the latest innovation from South Korea and have distinct advantages over other threads due to their design. MINT threads are an FDA-approved thread with hooks made of polydioxanone (PDO).
The thickness of the threads and the patented barbs allow more traction to be exerted to lift the different parts of the face. Like all threads, they promote collagen formation in the treated areas.
Silhouette Soft Threads
- With Silhouette Soft threads, in addition to a slight lifting effect, the focus is primarily on the formation of new collagen, which results in a significant improvement in skin elasticity.
- The results usually last a year or longer.
A typical area of application is the vertically running, fine wrinkles in the lower cheek area, which mainly occur when laughing.
Silhoutte sutures are also absorbable sutures with bidirectional cones. Each cone has a smooth 360-degree surface that forms an anchor point in the subcutaneous tissue when inserted.
Combination of threads possible
A combination of both threads is also possible. Both threads degrade over the course of about 9 months, but this does not mean that the thread lift has to be repeated after just one year.
In practice, most patients want a refresher after about 2 years. With this non-surgical facelift it is possible to prevent skin ageing and loss of elasticity with repeated application.
A youthful silhouette of the face can thus be maintained for years. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to have a smaller thread lift at the age of 40.
Wrinkle treatment and wrinkle removal without surgery
Wrinkle treatment and wrinkle removal with innovative threads rejuvenates the skin's appearance and reduces pore size.
In the video you can see how this method is applied to a patient.
Important before and after a thread lifting procedure
During a consultation, you will certainly be informed about all the possibilities of a non-surgical thread lift as well as the anaesthetic options.
The thread lift is performed on an ambulatory basis, so that you can leave the practice on the same day, usually after about one hour.
You should not take or drink any blood thinning medication such as aspirin, ginseng or green tea for 2 weeks prior to the procedure to minimise possible bruising.
After the procedure, the treated areas may be slightly swollen. There may also be slight bruising.
You should also avoid facial treatments and direct sunlight for 2-3 weeks.
You do not have to expect any time off work, although strong facial expressions in the first few days after the treatment will have an inconvenient effect on the result.
Thread Lifting FAQ
Depending on the treated areas and on the number of threads inserted, you should calculate approx. one hour.
As for activities without any physical exertion you should be able to work the next day. Light swellings and bruising will subside after approx. 3 days
The degree of risk of this treatment is very minor. However, there are some possible side effects like light swellings, bruising and minor complaints in the treated areas. These can be alleviated with ice packs, Ibuprofen or Novalgin as needed.
This strongly depends on the treated areas and the number of inserted threads needed to achieve the desired results.
You can wear makeup or apply sun cream or body moisturizing cream right after the thread lifting. However, you should not rub or pull your skin to strong in the treated areas. Light bruising can be covered with makeup.
Yes, absolutely. Thread lifting allows achieving a lifting effect of soft skin tissues without surgery and hence leads to a natural result. Botox and Hyaluron for their part are only used to reduce wrinkles.
Immediately after the procedure, you should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activities for a at least a few days until the slight swellings have subsided. We will provide you with small ice packs to accelerate the subsiding of the swollen areas and to give you a pleasant feeling.
You can wash your face gently immediately afterwards, but avoid to rub or pull your skin to strong in the treated areas during the first 2-3 weeks after the treatment. This also applies to men when shaving
A tightening can already be observed right after the treatment. While the threads degrade in the course of the following approx. nine month the skin produces collagen. This leads to an additional lifting, supporting and tightening effect. As a consequence of the collagen production the thread lifting result can last from two to three years.
Thread lifting with meso threads
Over the years, the skin loses elasticity and the supporting function of collagen diminishes. The result is sagging and drooping of the skin, the fresh and plump appearance is lost. A thread lift with meso threads brings back new elasticity.
Aim of a meso-filament treatment
It is not only about tightening the sagging skin area, but also about the new formation of connective tissue as well as an increased collagen formation, which provides a firm skin appearance.
In which areas can meso threads be used?
In order to achieve the best possible result for you, it is important to know the different threads and their treatment options and thus use them individually. Make sure that a thread lift is performed by an experienced specialist, as the anatomical knowledge of the face is of utmost importance here.
Thread lifting advantages
A thread lift with meso threads can be used in many ways, such as in the face (chin line, cheeks, nasolabial folds, eye area, forehead, wrinkles on the décolleté, neck, etc.) and offers many advantages especially compared to a conventional hyaluron treatment or a treatment with nerve toxin. Read more about this in the further course of this page.
- The threads cannot slip or shift out of place while Hyaluron can
- A typical treatment with Hyaluron of the nasolabial fold does not lead to the desired result especially with extremely deep wrinkles as Hyaluron can be pressed into the cheek when laughing. As a result, the nasolabial fold might appear even deeper.
- The result of a thread lifting is visible for a longer time since this intervention is causal to the wrinkle formation (production of new endogenous collagen) while with Hyaluron the nasolabial fold is only upholstered.
- Similar to the nasolabial fold there is a danger that when using Hyaluron for a deeper marionette wrinkle it could shift with pronounced facial expressions and the jowls would hence appear even more prominent.
- A thread lift is usually much more beneficial here.
You can find more information on my marionette wrinkle guide page.
Crow’s feet wrinkles
- Similar to the frown lines collagen forming Meso Threads can be used here to preserve natural mimics around the eye area. Wrinkles disappear as the skin’s elasticity increases.
- For more information, see my advice page on crow's feet wrinkles.
Upper lip wrinkles
- Compared to a treatment with Hyaluron the insertion of Meso Threads allows treating superfine wrinkles along the upper lip without boosting the upperlip.
- For more information, see my advice page on lip wrinkles.
- Cheek wrinkles can be treated with Meso Threads without boosting its volume which in turn would take the youthful looking V-line from the face.
- For more information, see my cheek wrinkle advice page.
- Forehead wrinkles can also be treated with collagen-forming meso threads. The advantage of this procedure is that the natural facial expression is preserved.
- In addition, the collagen-forming effect causes the forehead skin to contract and the eyebrows to be slightly raised, resulting in a much more open and friendly appearance.
- You can find more information on my advice page on forehead wrinkles.
- Neck wrinkles can be improved only surgically or just with a thread lift with meso threads.
- You can find more information on my neck wrinkles guide page.
- The superfine wrinkles and the dark shades around the lower eyelids can hardly be treated without a surgical procedure.
- Compared to a conventional Hyaluron treatment the advantage of this method is that the forming of lachrymal sacks/eye bags is prevented. Already existing lachrymal sacks/eye bags don’t gain further extensions when deploying this wrinkle treatment. On the contrary it is even possible to remove lachrymal sacks/eye bags.
- With the combination of Meso Threads and Tensors Threads it is possible to lift the eyebrows so that a surgical eyebrow lifting can possibly be avoided
- It is also possible to only lift the lateral eyebrows conveying a much more open look and appearance
- For more information, see my eyebrow lift advice page.
- Décolleté wrinkles - read my advice guide on décolleté wrinkles here and learn more about effective treatment methoses with sutures.
How does a treatment with meso threads work?
The meso threads, which are made of biodegradable polymers or polylactic acid and dissolve after 6-8 months, are inserted under the skin via a thin guide needle.
The doctor uses different needle sizes and lengths depending on the lifting effect and the area.
A meso thread is a simple, smooth thread without barbs that is used to create more volume in the desired areas.
These threads are used for smaller wrinkles such as incipient smile lines or marionette lines around the mouth without the need for additional tightening.
The wrinkles are plumped up from below by the treatment, the effect can be seen immediately after the treatment.
At the same time, the body's own collagen in the skin is significantly increased so that the skin regains its original elasticity and pore size.
After approx. 8 weeks, this collagen production is complete and the final result is visible, which can last up to 2 years.
Twin-spiral threads for an increased collagen production
Thread lifting in Munich
As a doctor, the trust of my patients is particularly important to me. It is important to me that you feel comfortable in the practice, during the consultation and during the treatment.
You will benefit from my more than 20 years of experience in the field of cosmetic surgery, the innovative methods and knowledge of thread lifting.
During a personal appointment I will advise you individually. Make the most of your type, I look forward to seeing you.
Awarded specialist for plastic & aesthetic surgery
Over 2000 operations - experience from practice & further education
DR MED CHRISTIAN LENZ IS KNOWN FROM